The Foxtel Group and Sony Pictures today announced a new multi-year agreement covering an extensive range of new release and library movies and iconic TV series.
The agreement delivers hundreds of hours of blockbuster movie franchises, highly-anticipated 2022 new releases, and a vast library of films across a range of genres. Titles include:
- New releases in 2022,such as Spider-Man™: No Way Home, Venom: Let There Be Carnage, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, Uncharted, Where the Crawdads Sing and Bullet Train.
- Blockbuster franchises such as Spider-Man, Men in Black, Jumanji, Ghostbusters, Charlie’s Angels, The Karate Kid and Bad Boys.
- Popular library movies such as Jerry McGuire, A Few Good Men, 50 First Dates, Erin Brockovich, Step Brothers, Gandhi and Little Women.
- Iconic TV series such as the action-drama series S.W.A.T., beloved sitcom The Nanny and the ever popular, multi–Emmy Award-winning series Seinfeld.
- An extensive library of kids and family content, including Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, The Smurfs, Hotel Transylvania 1 and 2, Peter Rabbit, Surfs Up and The Emoji Movie.
This extensive catalogue of movies and new releases from Sony Pictures will be available for subscribers to stream on demand on Foxtel and BINGE, including in a range of box sets.
Foxtel Group Chief Content and Commercial Officer Amanda Laing said: “We are thrilled to have Sony Pictures continuing as our long-term partner, providing our subscribers with more of the world’s best movies and shows.”
“This deal highlights our continued strength as a local partner of choice for leading global studios. As Australia’s favourite provider of entertainment and sport content, with over 4.5 million subscribers, we can deliver Sony Pictures’ amazing content to audiences with more reach in this market than ever before.”
Mike Wald, Executive Vice President International Distribution Sony Pictures Entertainment, also added, “Foxtel is a valued partner, and we are delighted to continue to build upon our long-standing relationship, bringing our incredible slate of new movies together with our iconic library to Foxtel Group audiences.”