Prime Video today confirmed further casting for Australian Amazon Original movie Five Blind Dates as production continues in Sydney,
Five Blind Dates is a romantic comedy that tells the story of a tenacious tea shop owner who is told by a fortuneteller that she will find her soulmate on one of the next five dates she goes on.
Five Blind Dates is produced by Amazon Studios and Goalpost Pictures Australia, with Goalpost’s Kylie du Fresne as producer and Ben Grant and Rosemary Blight as executive producers. Shuang Hu and Nathan Ramos Park are the co-writers and producers. Shawn Seet is directing.
“I am so thrilled by this wonderful cast, led by the multi-talented Shuang Hu, who with Nathan Ramos-Park, has delivered a story that audiences around the world will fall in love with, as I did when I first read it,” said Shawn Seet, Director of Five Blind Dates.
Joining Shuang Hu (The Family Law, and Ronny Chieng: International Student) as Lia:
- Yoson An (MULAN, New Gold Mountain, and The Plane) as Richard
- Jon Prasida (Kung Fu, and Tomorrow When the War Began) as Ezra
- Desmond Chiam (With Love, Reef Break, and The Falcon And The Winter Soldier) as Apollo
- Ilai Swindells (SLiDE, Open Slather, and Redfern Now) as Mason
- Renee Lim (Please Like Me S1-3, Palm Beach, and Clickbait) as Jing, Lia’s Mum
- Tiffany Wong (Prey School and has performed on stage at The Sydney Festival, Sydney Fringe) as Alice, Lia’s Sister
With Rob Collins (Total Control, and Firebite) as Curtis
And Tzi Ma (MULAN, Rush Hour, and Kung Fu) as Xien, Lia’s father
Whilst visiting her family in her hometown for her sister Alice’s (Wong) engagement festivities, Lia Ling (Hu) finds herself at a comedically tumultuous family luncheon with her best friend Mason (Swindells) and is gifted an unwelcomed prophecy that she will soon meet her suitor. Her family, unsure of Lia’s ability to discern a partner for herself, decides to set her up on five blind dates. Even though her true passion and current focus lie in saving her traditional tea-shop back in Sydney— tea-making being a passion inherited from her grandmother—Lia reluctantly agrees to go on these dates.