Tomorrow night’s Footy Show is a special one
The Footy Show team will broadcast direct from Newcastle Entertainment Centre this Thursday night to kick off the very special “RiseForAlex” NRL round.
In front of a sell-out audience of nearly 6000, The Footy Show will dedicate the night to injured Newcastle player Alex McKinnon, 22. As part of the special broadcast, Erin Molan will speak exclusively to Alex and the emotional Newcastle Knights coach, Wayne Bennett, in their only one-on-one interviews. She also has raw and heart-wrenching interviews with Korbin Sims and Darius Boyd, close friends of Alex.
Joining the team on the panel will be special guests, including former Footy Show panelist Paul “The Chief” Harragon and former Newcastle captains Andrew Johns and Danny Buderus. Beau Ryan will then head out onto the streets for his popular segment, Beau Knows – Newcastle.
How you can participate in the RiseForAlex round:
• The Footy Show, along with Telstra, will open up the lines for donations with a call centre from 8.30pm AEST on July 17. Telephone: 1800 441 991.
• 150 Telstra volunteers and players from several clubs will answer calls during the night.
• The NRL will donate one dollar to the RiseForAlex Fund for every rugby league fan who attends any match during Round 19.
• Fans can make donations by purchasing a RiseForAlex wristband that will be sold at all matches during Rounds 19 and 20.
• Fans can also make donations online at www.riseforalex.org.au or by texting RiseForAlex to 0498 555 555.
• The Daily Telegraph /will donate one dollar for every newspaper sold on Saturday, June 19.
This Special Event will air Thursday 8:30 PM on Nine.