Stan has announced it is ramping up its slate of local and internationally produced Stan Original television series and films, with volume to increase to over 30 productions a year over the next five years.
As part of this major investment strategy, Nine will direct the focus of its own production capabilities towards the acceleration of original productions for Stan.
Stan will also continue to build on its relationships with both state and national screen organisations in the development of its forthcoming slate – continuing initiatives such as the Stan and Film Victoria Development Fund and the Screen Queensland and Stan Premium Drama Development Fund.
The expanded original production slate will include investments and co-productions with international partners, including Hollywood studios and major international networks, adding to the global reach and relevance of Stan Originals.
Stan CEO, Mike Sneesby, said: “Stan continues to experience significant growth, reaching a scale that is delivering strong positive cash flow. As part of our strategy to bring the world’s best content to Australians, we will shift greater investment into Stan Original productions through our local and international partnerships. This strategy is further bolstered by Nine’s production capabilities as we maximise the efficiency of our content investment across the group’s market leading television platforms.”
New slate of upcoming original productions – Stan today announced:
- Eden, an eight-part, hour-long original drama series from Australia’s rising creative star Vanessa Gazy and the creators of Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries and Skins is currently in production.
- Bump, a ten-part, half-hour original drama series that stars Claudia Karvan, and reunites the creative team behind Love My Way and The Secret Life of Us, is currently in prodzxcdvuction.
- Dom and Adrian: 2020, an original comedy special from the creators of the Bondi Hipsters, Christiaan Van Vuuren and Nick Boshier, is currently in production.
- After The Night, a four-part true crime docuseries exploring the harrowing legacy of one of Australia’s deadliest serial killers: Eric Edgar Cooke, is currently in production.
- Christiaan Van Vuuren to direct a new Stan Original Film written by Elliot Vella, Gretel Vella & Timothy Walker that is in advanced development.