The tragic disappearance, and eventual death of 22-year-old Gabby Petito, grabbed headlines across America and the world. Bit by bit, moments from her final days flooded the public’s news feed and her social media was dissected by investigators and public citizens alike. As Gabby’s case gripped the world, her face was plastered across every newspaper and news program, the distressing 911 call made on her behalf was released, and the disturbing body cam footage of a young woman in peril filled every screen. Now, as the search for her fiancé, and person of interest, Brian Laundrie, takes centre stage, the country is left to reckon with its fascination with this case and the trial by media that continues to dominate the news cycle.
Gabby Petito: ID Special Report, unleashes John Walsh and ID’s arsenal of experts, to discuss the mystery surrounding Gabby’s tragic story. With never-before-heard commentary and perspectives from the most trusted names in true crime, the team will analyse what happened in the field with the police, discuss the harsh reality of domestic violence, and the role of social media in feeding the firestorm.
In taking a look into why Gabby’s story commands so much attention, especially when thousands of missing BIPOC cases across the America are neglected and ignored, the special will also work to elevate additional stories of missing people that have not received the justice they deserve. Moderated by Emmy-award winning journalist Sukayana Krishnan, the special will also feature One Love’s CEO Katie Hood, who will join as a special guest in an effort to spread awareness about the warning signs of relationship abuse.
Sukayana Krishnan will moderate the discussion for Gabby Petito: ID Special Report, which features experts from various fields in the ID family, such as:
- John Walsh; victims’ rights advocate and host of In Pursuit with John Walsh.
- Anna-Sigga Nicolazzi; former Brooklyn homicide prosecutor and host of ID’s True Conviction.
- Daryn Carp; host of PeopleTV’s Reality Check, expert true crime podcaster and host of an upcoming, unannounced ID podcast.
- Michelle Sigona; national crime television producer and reporter.
- Elaine Aradillas; Staff Writer, Crime at PEOPLE Magazine and contributor on ID’s People Magazine Investigates.
- Rhonda Glover Reese; certified professional coach/mentor for law enforcement and individuals interested in a career in law enforcement with more than 34 years of federal law enforcement experience.
Stream or watch Gabby Petito: ID Special Report on Saturday, 23 October at 8.30pm AEDT on ID.