The Foxtel Group and NBCUniversal (NBCU) today announced a landmark new, multi-year partnership that will deliver blockbuster movies, drama, comedy, reality, news, and more to fuel the Group’s premium subscription TV and streaming platforms into the future.
With the addition of thousands of hours of NBCU’s much loved TV series and movies across a variety of genres, Foxtel Group now delivers an unmatched content offering to its more than 4.5m subscribers in Australia. The agreements include:
• Premiere Australian rights for Universal Pictures and Peacock original movies, and a significantly expanded range of titles from the NBCU’s rich library of blockbusters and evergreen classics. This strengthens Foxtel and BINGE’s extensive movie catalogue of hit films and includes Fast and Furious, Jurassic Park, and Despicable Me; current films like Minions: The Rise of Gru; and a strong line-up of forthcoming theatrical releases including Fast X, Ticket to Paradise, and Oppenheimer.
• Critically acclaimed premiere TV, with Foxtel Group becoming the exclusive rights holder for premium, first-run scripted series from Sky Studios; Universal International Studios, a division of Universal Studio Group (USG); and USG produced series for Peacock, NBCU’s streaming service.
• NBCU’s extensive library of iconic network television including Universal Television’s fan favourite comedies The Office, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, 30 Rock, and Parks and Recreation.
• Retaining popular NBCU channel brands, which deliver international business and finance news on CNBC; mega-hit network TV dramas like the Law & Order and Chicago brands on the Universal TV channel; and beloved kids and family content on the DreamWorks channel.
• Two additional news channels: MSNBC, which will be available on Foxtel and on the Foxtel Group’s news streaming service, Flash, and NBC News NOW which will also be available on Flash.
The pre-existing Bravo unscripted content rights agreement between Foxtel Group and
NBCU will also ensure that new seasons of hugely popular franchises including The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles, and Below Deck Mediterranean will continue to power the dedicated reality TV channel FOX ARENA, and remain available on-demand on both Foxtel and BINGE.
Foxtel Group’s Chief Content and Commercial Officer Amanda Laing said: “We have a long shared history with NBCU of bringing iconic entertainment to millions of Australians.
“We are pleased to extend our strong relationship with NBCU, securing their amazing range of acclaimed films and television, and much-loved channels. This partnership guarantees that Foxtel retains the content that our subscribers love, and BINGE can continue to deliver strong growth, with yet more premium television from Sky Studios, Universal International Studios and Peacock. The deal confirms that while major content suppliers have a growing number of partnership options in Australia, the Foxtel Group remains a key partner of choice.”
“We are thrilled to continue bringing Foxtel Group subscribers an amazing breadth of NBCUniversal’s top content and much-loved channel brands via our ongoing, successful relationship,” said Chris Taylor, MD, NBCUniversal International Networks & Direct-toConsumer and Distribution, Australia & New Zealand.
The Foxtel Group’s relationships with major studios provides subscribers unrivalled access to the world’s best content. The Foxtel Group’s financial strength, subscriber reach, and commitment to quality have been recognised by global sport and entertainment partners as providing the best possible platform on which to showcase their content.